Night tour tickets available now!
Day tours will be added soon.
In 1893, St. Ignatius was the first hospital to serve Whitman County. The first patient was a pneumonia case. In the first month, ten were admitted. Three were released and seven remained. The first death was recorded in June of 1893, when F.E. Martin, a railroad employee, was crushed between railroad cars. He is just one of the ghosts known to walk the halls. The hospital was sold in 1968, but the building stayed open until 2003 and housed developmentally disabled adults in the bottom floors. All that remains now are the spirits of the past.